Cloud computing architecture is simple; it clearly states the components and subcomponents embedded in it; there’s no question that cloud computing is here to stay. It touches every part of our lives today, offering many advantages in flexibility, storage, sharing, maintenance, and much more. A standard internet connection or a virtual network provides us access to cloud-based applications and services like Google Docs, Skype, and Netflix. Most companies shift their businesses into the cloud as they require significant storage, which cloud platforms provide.
A cloud computing architecture offers higher bandwidth to its users due to which data over the cloud can be used from anywhere across the world at any time. Due to its architecture, it shares resources among client source consumers and open source communities like Microsoft and Red hat.
As we know, cloud computing technology is used by both small and large organizations to store information in the cloud and access it from anywhere at any time using the internet connection.
Cloud computing architecture is a combination of service-oriented architecture and event-driven architecture.
Cloud computing architecture is divided into the following two parts –
- Front End
- Back End
The client uses the front End. It contains client-side interfaces and applications that are required to access the cloud computing platforms. The front End includes web servers (including Chrome, Firefox, and internet explorer.), thin & fat clients, tablets, and mobile devices. The Front End refers to the client part of the cloud computing system. It consists of interfaces and applications required to access the cloud computing platforms, for Example – Web Browser.
· It provides applications and the interfaces that are required for the cloud-based service.
· It consists of client’s side applications, web browsers such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Cloud infrastructure is the only component of the front-end.
- Cloud infrastructure consists of hardware and software components such as data storage, server, and virtualization software.
- It also provides a Graphical User Interface to the end-users to perform respective tasks.
The service provider uses the back End. It manages all the resources that are required to provide cloud computing services. It includes a massive amount of data storage, security mechanism, virtual machines, deploying models, servers, traffic control mechanisms.
The Back End refers to the cloud itself. It consists of all the resources required to provide cloud computing services. It comprises massive data storage, virtual machines, security mechanisms, services, deployment models, and servers.
- It is responsible for monitoring all the programs that run the application on the front-end
- It has a large number of data storage systems and servers.
- It can either be software or a platform
- Depending upon the client requirement, the application provides the result to the end-user (with resources) in the Back End
- Service is an essential component in cloud architecture
- Its responsibility is to provide utility in the architecture
- In a Cloud, few widely used services among the end-users are storage application development environments and web services
- It stores and maintains data like files, videos, documents over the internet
Some of the famous examples of storage services are below:
- Amazon S3
- Oracle Cloud-Storage
- Microsoft Azure Storage
- Its capacity varies depending upon the service providers available in the market
- Its task is to allot specific resources to a particular job, and it simultaneously performs various functions of the cloud environment
- It helps in the direction of components like application, study, service, security, data storage, and cloud infrastructure
- In simple terms, it establishes coordination among the cloud resources
- Security is an integral part of back-end cloud infrastructure
- It provides secure cloud resources, systems, files, and infrastructure to end-users
- Also, it implements security management to the cloud server with virtual firewalls, which results in preventing data loss
- The back end sends responsibility to provide a built-in security mechanism, traffic control, and protocols.
- The server employs specific protocols known as middleware, which help the connected devices communicate.
Cloud Computing Service Providers
A few of the most popular cloud computing service providers include:
- Microsoft AzureAmazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud
- Alibaba Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Rackspace Cloud
Benefits of Cloud Computing Architecture
- The cloud computing architecture is designed in such a way that:
- It solves latency issues and improves data processing requirements
- It reduces IT operating costs and gives good accessibility to access data and digital tools
- It helps businesses to scale up and scale down their cloud resources easily
- It has a flexibility feature that provides businesses with a competitive advantage
- It results in better disaster recovery and offers high security
- It automatically updates its services
- It encourages remote working and promotes team collaboration
Cloud Computing Architecture Components
Some of the essential components of Cloud Computing architecture that we will be looking into are as follows:
- Management Software
- Deployment Software
- Cloud Server
- Cloud Storage
- It is a virtual machine monitor which provides Virtual Operating Platforms to every user
- It also manages guest operating systems in the cloud
- It runs a separate virtual machine on the Back End, which consists of software and hardware
- Its main objective is to divide and allocate resources
2 Management Software
- Its responsibility is to manage and monitor cloud operations with various strategies to increase the performance of the cloud
- Some of the functions performed by the management software are:
- compliance auditing
- management of overseeing disaster
- contingency plans
- It consists of all the mandatory installations and configurations required to run a cloud service
- Every deployment of cloud services are performed using a deployment software
- The three different models which can deploy are the following:
- SaaS – Software as a service hosts and manages applications of the end-user.
- Example: Gmail
- PaaS – Platform as a service helps developers to build, create, and manage applications.
- Example: Microsoft Azure
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service provides services on a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- It connects the front-end and back-end. Also, it allows every user to access cloud resources
- It helps users to connect and customize the route and protocol
- It is a virtual server that is hosted on the cloud computing platform
- It is highly flexible, secure, and cost-effective
- Here, every bit of data is stored and accessed by a user from anywhere over the internet
- It is scalable at run-time and is automatically accessed
- Data can be modified and retrieved from cloud storage over the web
Cloud computing architecture gives an environment where organizations can securely build applications and use cloud services based on the client requirement. So, with this, we got a complete run-down on what Cloud Computing Architecture is. In this article, we learned what cloud computing is, the benefits of Cloud Computing architecture, the architecture of cloud computing, and cloud computing architecture components.