In this modern era, online learning support software is something that is considered as the major advantage that a student or any person can get hold of. The online learning support software that is available in different forms of apps is helping students or any other person to attain new levels of learning by just sitting anywhere without limiting himself/herself to a particular institution or class USA.
This learning support software is providing all the necessary and important educational information in the simplest way possible that are not possible with traditional teaching ad learning methods. These types of software are making students self-dependent as well as, self-confident also due to which they are able to achieve new milestones every day. Not only students but, the people who first think they are far behind the world in terms of education are becoming confident by taking information from learning educational support software.
Online education software in today’s time can be related to the schools and institutions as a whole because one can access all associated tasks from them, and also parents can go through their child’s performance any time in the USA.
What is Learning Support Software:
Learning support software or education support software could be termed as computer software that prioritizes the aim of teaching as well as, self-learning. The history of the use of computer software comes from the time period of the early ’40s when the American researchers developed a flight simulator with the help of which they were able to generate simulated onboard instrument data which was possible with the help of analogue computers.
Benefits of Learning Support Educational Software:
- Educational software not only provides theoretical knowledge but also multimedia content and high user interactivity level which are very important.
- Providing only theoretical knowledge make students go lazy and their mind starts to become inactive. Multimedia content like graphics, videos, pictures, GIF, and sound helps students to engage actively with whatever they are studying.
- With the help of multimedia content students have a sense of practicality and understanding which distinguishes online education from the traditional education system.
- When theoretical knowledge is provided with graphics, pictures, and videos, it becomes very easy for the students to relate both and ultimately understanding becomes easy.
- Like while learning history, if videos and graphics are provided students can understand what actually happened at that time.
- Learning support software is not the only beneficiary for students but it is also very helpful to the teachers making the students understand things well with the help of online content available.
- These software saves the time and resources which a student or another person could invest in acquiring more useful things.
Types of Online Learning Support Software:
The unification of learning support software and teaching has resulted in making the academic performance of students in the USA much better. Not only the performance of students has enhanced but the performance of teachers in making students learn has enhanced significantly with the implementation of this software. There is a wide range of online education learning support software for a wide range of subjects which are available online in the form of different apps. So, here is the list of different types of software that an educational institution should have,
- Authoring software: With the help of authoring software, teachers can evolve a process of making students learn from their own instructional software. This software can be used to teach students by building index cards and electronic flashcards for a particular topic or a concept. Additionally, it would be easier if multimedia content like videos, tutorials, and lessons could be built up because they would help students a lot in increasing their study performance.
- Graphic Demonstration software: Graphics software is a very crucial part of being of now because through graphics students can relate the science and the mathematics behind the science with the graphic practical model. The understanding of the students with the use of graphics software improves drastically. the sense of practicality while studying science is extremely important and that is what graphics software helps to improve. Graphics software is also very helpful in presenting online or offline because it helps in deep interaction with the people present in the presentation.
- Utility software: With the help of utility software they can easily set the quizzes, tests, assignments etc. Instead of the traditional grade card or report card, the use of the utility software helps teachers to mark the grades of students on this software which is far easy than marking grades on report cards by hands. These type of software are very easy to operate and don’t require any special set of skills.
- Math solving software: As some people find it difficult to understand math theoretically, the math solving learning support software helps a lot in making students understand math more easily. The graphics and tutorials used in these types of software help students to understand the concept behind the math problems more interactively. As math is also a major part of science and understanding the math concepts properly makes students understand science more efficiently.
- Drill or practice software: Drill or practice software can be useful in making the concepts of students more strong by taking continuous practice drills of the students. At the time of exams, this type of software is really useful for students because it helps students to memorize the concepts more clearly.
- Problem-solving and Simulations: This software help student to take an experience of what they want to be in the future virtually, this makes students more determinant in achieving their goal. For example, there is software like a flight simulator that lets the students fly a plane virtually, and also there are different science-related simulator software that helps students to take the virtual experience of different of their dream job and it also motivates the students.
- Educational gaming software: It is a very effective method of teaching the students especially the younger ones. Combining education and gaming attracts the students and makes them learn things fast while playing with enjoyment. It also motivates them to learn without stressing them to learn.
- Tutorial software: Tutorial software provides students with8 a platform where they are provided with information about a particular subject which they can learn comfortably according to them without a restriction of time. This lessens and relieves the burden and stress of a student and results in better academic performance for them. They can learn things, can practice them, and hence can judge their performance.
- Desktop publishing software: These are very helpful software that is used for the designing of student activities, flyers, letters, and handouts. This software can be used by teachers to give different information related to their students and their study or other activities as well to their parents and guardians. A graduate or a student or any other related staff member should acquire skills of this software because it will really help them to ease the work. There are different types of desktop publishing software are available like Adobe and Microsoft office.
- Reference software: Reference software are very useful for graduates, scholars, and authors to arrange a large quantity of data. In research projects, it is very helpful to use reference software. Students can access different types of atlases, dictionaries, and encyclopedias through the reference software.
- Special education software: Learning support software also includes special education software that acts as assisting software. This software has the special purpose of assisting the students who have special needs while educating. for example, students with some type of disabilities need software like loud text reading, synthesizing of speech, and many other types of multimedia software. Using this software help students to overcome their disabilities and also to do their studies more efficiently.
7 Best Online Learning Platforms:
Skillshare: Skillshare is considered one of the most popular learning support software in the USA. The main focus of the skillshare is to make students learn project bases approach that helps students to acquire different skills and increase their creativity level. All the courses listed in the skillshare software consist of a video part and a project part. The classes consist mainly of three parts Thrive(lifestyle, productivity), Build(Business analytics, Freelance, leadership, management, and marketing), Create(Animation, film, photography, web development, etc). There are more than 20,000 free classes available on skillshare.
Linkedin learning: A few years back Linkedin transferred all the content of a site called Lynda and now provides a wide variety of courses like web development, programming, business management, etc. It has courses from the beginners level to the advanced level. To access this site you have to pay a monthly or a yearly subscription fee. On completing the course you get a certificate of completion which you can use in your resume while taking admissions somewhere or while taking the job. The certificate of completion can be added to your Linkedin profile. Linkedin also gives a one-month free trial.
MasterClass: MasterClass is currently a very famous learning support software because, unlike other software, there are no normal institution teachers that taught you instead you are taught by famous experts and celebrities. The classes include quality videos, assignments, activities, and etc. You can also ask questions about these famous people and get valuable feedback also. Mostly all the courses consist of 20 lessons approximately 10 minutes long. You should have to pay a monthly or a yearly fee to access these courses. In paid courses, you get a certificate of completion which you can use in your resume while taking admissions somewhere or while taking the job.
Udemy: Udemy is also one of the best platforms when it comes to learning from online courses. It has more than 1,50,000 courses which makes it superior as compared to other software providers. Udemy is a platform where you can expand your knowledge, acquire any type of skill from beginners to the advanced level. Unlike other learning support software you have to pay individually for each course, there are no monthly and yearly subscription plans. Here you can learn, web development, marketing, designing, photography, health-related courses, and many more. In paid courses, you get a certificate of completion which you can use in your resume while taking admissions somewhere or while taking the job.
Edx.org: As per college-level education is concerned Edx is considered one of the best education providers with more than 2500 courses available with one click. If you want to have free access to all the courses, lectures, and videos you have to sign in to the free Audit track, but you won’t get a certificate of completion and graded assignments. To get a certificate of completion and graded assignments you have to enroll in a paid course. You could have access to courses like science, music, law, history, architecture, chemistry, and many other courses also. In paid courses, you get a certificate of completion which you can use in your resume while taking admissions somewhere or while taking the job. The study of these courses really helps college students to prepare for competitive exams for employment.
Coursera: Another name in the best learning support software is Coursera. . If you want to have free access to all the courses, lectures, and videos you have to sign in to the free Audit track, but you won’t get a certificate of completion and graded assignments. To get a certificate of completion and graded assignments you have to enroll in a paid course. The courses available here can be accessed in different languages like German, Korean, French, Arabic, Japanese, and many other languages also. The courses here are taught by instructors from top-graded universities like Stanford, Princeton, and Yale. In paid courses, you get a certificate of completion which you can use in your resume while taking admissions somewhere or while taking the job. Some of the Courses that are available in Coursera are Personality development, Arts, Data Science, IT, Computer Science, Math, and etc.
Udacity: Udacity is best known for its Nanodegree programs that include topics like, AI, Coding, robotics, Data Science, etc. The Price of Nanodegree programs is Between $1200 and $2400 which is very expensive than programs available on other learning support software platforms. There are also executive programs available which include technical mentor support, reviews from professionals, and learning at your own pace. When you have done a course from Udacity it is considered very valuable and the chances of your recruitment become higher. On completing the course you get a certificate of completion which you can use in your resume while taking admissions somewhere or while taking the job.